Monday, November 24, 2014

So excited to report that I had my 2 week(!!) post transplant appointment today. Everything looks great. My Doctor was THRILLED (her words!!) with my progress so far. My new Lungs are clear, vitals are great, and (based on blood work only) my body isn't "angry" as they say at the new lungs yet. No inflammatory response yet- that's awesome, and my body (liver and kidneys especially) seems to be handling the anti rejection meds well (except for a few expected side effects). I'll have a bronchoscopy next week to have some biopsies done and that will give a very clear picture of how they look on the inside, but this is the best possible news We could have asked for today.
Finally got some rest now that I have been out of the hospital for a few days. Steve and the kids are here for the week to spend thanksgiving together. I have been doing my excursuses and walking the halls here and am amazed at how well my new lungs work. Its almost hard to get use to breathing normal again after struggling for so long.

So continuously thankful to God for His daily miracles and mercies (and yes they are daily!) and I could never thank you all enough for the thoughts, prayers and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment